Welcome!


Hello and welcome! I'm Leslie, a sports communications and marketing professional currently based in Toronto, Canada but who grew up as a competitive Dressage (equestrian) rider in Calgary.

 

I'm here to share with you my thoughts, analysis, predictions and general feelings about what is going on in the major leagues around North America - but particularly the NHL, MLB and NBA. Who knows - some of the less conventional sports like tennis, equestrian or golf might find their way in as well.

 

My first and one true love is hockey - I couldn't tell you if the first time I really connected with it was 2002 in Salt Lake City with Lemieux, Sakic, Brodeur and Iginla on the ice, or 2004  in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final between Calgary and Tampa Bay where the puck did cross the line - but I'll leave that for you to decide.

 

Baseball has been with me my whole life. Growing up, every visit to my grandparents in the summer was punctuated by an early dinner followed by the Blue Jays game. I really fell in love with the team during the 2015 season, where an unpredictable underdog made a run for it and brought some magic back to the game in Canada.

 

At the end of the day, I am a passionate sports addict. I love to learn the intricacies of a sport, the rules, the analytics and the true love for their game of each and every athlete. Hopefully, this blog will give us a chance to talk about our love together (and maybe even ignite healthy debate about an athlete or two)….


Comments

Popular Posts